- By submitting this application you are agreeing to these terms and conditions, which form a binding agreement between you and Adelphi International. If you are submitting this application on behalf of another person it is your responsibility to ensure that the person applying to Adelphi International is aware of these terms and accepts them, and by submitting the application you are warranting that you have made the applicant aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
- If you are admitted, you will be placed in the appropriate Adelphi International track based on your academic and English language credentials submitted with this application. You acknowledge that there are price disparities between each Adelphi International track based on length and course of study, which may include required English language courses. You are not guaranteed admission at Adelphi University.
Adelphi International Enrollment Contract
- By submitting your deposit you are agreeing to this Enrollment Contract, which forms a binding agreement between you and Adelphi International (“Adelphi International” “we” or “us”). Adelphi International reserves the right to amend this Enrollment Contract from time to time.
- In addition to this Enrollment Contract, as part of your conditional offer you have received other information and documents that contain additional terms of your participation. Please familiarize yourself with all documentation provided to you by Adelphi International.
Tuition and Fees; Refunds
- Tuition and fees payment: Following payment of the deposit, you must pay the remaining outstanding balance shown on your invoice by the indicated due date. You are responsible for paying the full invoice amount, including any banking or processing fees, to Adelphi International. Adelphi International has the right to amend its prices.
- Failure to Pay. Failure to pay by your payment deadline may lead to penalties, including late fees, inability to progress after your first year, and a hold on your account that will prevent you from enrolling in classes. If you are unable to enroll due to nonpayment of tuition and fees you may become in violation of your immigration status, and we will be required to report such violation to the SEVIS database maintained by the Department of Homeland Security; you may lose your immigration status and be deported from the U.S. You may be dismissed from Adelphi International for failure to pay your invoice.
- Deposit Refunds. We will only refund your deposit if you provide us with written notification and documentation showing that your visa application has been denied prior to the move-in date. Otherwise, we do not refund deposits.
- Refunds for Cancellation of Enrollment. If you cancel your enrollment prior to your move-in date (found here: https://aui.adelphi.edu/masters-accelerator/important-dates/), you may request a full refund of fees paid, less housing and any other non-refundable fees. After the start of the semester you may be eligible for the partial refunds listed in the table below. After the no refund dates listed below, all tuition and fees for the entire duration of your progam at Adelphi International are nonrefundable.
Intake Semester Last Day for 100% Refund Last Day for 90% Refund Last Day for 50% Refund Last Day for 25% Refund Begin 0% Refund Fall (2019) 8/25/2019 9/1/2019 9/15/2019 9/22/2019 9/23/2019 Spring (2020) 1/22/2020 1/29/2020 2/12/2020 2/19/2020 2/20/2020
- Refunds Generally. We will only make refunds in U.S. Dollars, minus bank transfer and processing fees. You must fill out the Refund Form available at the Adelphi International office. Refunds will be processed according to the exchange rate in place at the time of the refund. All refunds will be made to eligible parties within 45 days of a written request.
- Tuition Waivers. Adelphi International students are not eligible to receive any tuition reduction through graduate assistantships, scholarships, stipends or other forms of financial support arising from your graduate studies.
Accommodations & Services
- Airport Transfers. Requests for airport transfer service must be made at least 2 weeks in advance of arrival by visiting, https://aui.adelphi.edu/before-you-arrive/. Airport transfers are available for your initial arrival on campus for flights arriving at John F. Kennedy International Airport. We cannot guarantee a reservation for a request made less than 2 weeks in advance. If your flight is cancelled or delayed, you must call the emergency telephone number published in the Next Steps Brochure to inform Adelphi International staff of the new arrival date or time. Airport transfer fees are nonrefundable.
- Housing Accommodation and Meal Plan. On-campus housing is not available for Adelphi International Graduate students. Please contact the Adelphi International office for information about off-campus housing options. If you are interested in purchasing a meal plan please contact the Adelphi International Office.
- If you are applying as part of the Amity University and Institutions partnership, housing and dining are provided through Amity University. Please contact Amity University for additional information.
- Health Insurance. All international graduate students studying at Adelphi International are required to be covered by health insurance that meets the U.S. Government, New York State, and local requirements. Not all services are covered, and the student is responsible for any outstanding balances for non-covered services.
- You are required to purchase coverage from a Adelphi International-designated health plan as a condition of enrollment.
- You must have a completed a Student Health Center Mandatory Immunization Form documenting proof of immunity to Measles (Rubeola), Mumps and German Measles (Rubella) [MMR]; one Diphtheria/Tetanus booster within the past ten years; two doses of Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine; series of Hepatitis B vaccine; polio vaccine (if under the age of 18) and the Meningoccocal vaccine. Mandatory Immunization Forms may be obtained here: https://aui.adelphi.edu/before-you-arrive/. You must have completed immunization documentation prior to class registration in order to enroll in any courses. All immunization forms must be translated in English.
- You are fully and solely responsible for the payment of any premiums or other costs associated with maintaining health insurance coverage, and Adelphi International is not responsible for payment of any funds related to a student’s health insurance. Be advised that the cost of health insurance is typically non-refundable, unless permitted by the terms and conditions of a particular plan.
Adelphi International Policies, Procedures and Requirements
- Vacation, Holidays and Closures. Please familiarize yourself with Adelphi International’s calendar for holidays and vacations. Classes will not be held on designated school vacations and may be cancelled on public holidays. We do not make reimbursements for classes not offered due to planned or unplanned school closures.
- Absences. Failure to meet attendance requirements may lead to penalties, including loss of immigration status and deportation. You will not receive a refund if you lose immigration status due to class absences.
- Medical Withdrawal. If you need to withdraw for medical reasons you must apply for a valid medical withdrawal through the Office of Academic Services. We will honor any tuition refunds granted by the University for a medical withdrawal in conflict with this Enrollment Contract, but please be aware that certain housing and other Adelphi International fees may not be refundable.
- Adelphi International Program of Study. Upon arrival on campus, you will be required to take an English language assessment test. The results of the assessment test are used to place you on the Adelphi International track that is appropriate for your skill level, which may be different from what was indicated on your conditional offer letter. If your assessment test score does not meet the criteria for your assigned Adelphi International track you will not be able to enroll in that track. As a result, the length of study may be longer than originally anticipated, and involve additional costs including tuition and other fees. If you choose to withdraw from Adelphi International because you do not wish to enroll in the track that your assessment test results require, the refund terms contained in this Enrollment Contract will apply to you.
- Consecutive Semesters. You must complete your coursework in consecutive semesters. This requirement may be waived by the Managing Director of Adelphi International only in extenuating circumstances.
- Academic Performance. Students are accepted to Adelphi International with the strict understanding that adherence to the Adelphi International academic standards and progression requirements, which can be found at https://aui.adelphi.edu/masters-accelerator/entry-requirements/, as may be amended, is mandatory. You will not be allowed to proceed if you do not meet the minimum standards set by Adelphi International. If you are unable to proceed, you may be offered advice on suitable alternatives, including repeating courses or dismissal from Adelphi International. These alternative options may involve additional time and costs, including tuition and other fees which may require presenting additional proof of finances.
- Academic or Conduct Rule and Policy Violations. you may be suspended or expelled if you violate any of Adelphi International’s policies, rules, or regulations, which may result in the revocation of your immigration status. No refund will be given in cases of suspension or expulsion.
- Dismissal. If you are dismissed from Adelphi International for any reason you may not reapply to Adelphi International the University, your current Adelphi International, or any other Adelphi International degree offered by Adelphi International.
- Photography, Filming and Sound Recording. Adelphi International or its representatives, affiliates, successors and related companies may arrange to photograph or shoot video footage of students for purposes of advertising, public relations, and/or promotion in any medium throughout the world, including on social media sites and on the Internet. If you do not wish to participate you must advise us in writing and state at the time of the photography or video shooting the wish not to participate. By accepting this Enrollment Contract you are indicating your consent to use these photographs or video footage without further consent or notifications unless you follow the above opt-out requirements.
- Force Majeure. Adelphi International will not be liable in cases where Adelphi International is unable to fulfill any services because of fire, natural disaster, national emergency, act of government, acts of war or terrorism, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes or any other reasons which are beyond Adelphi International’s control.
- Liability. The liability of Shorelight-Panther, LLC d/b/a Adelphi International, its parent Shorelight, LLC, and their group companies, their directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents and partners with respect to losses arising from negligence (except where such liability cannot be excluded as a matter of law), breach of contract or otherwise will be limited in all circumstances to the full amount paid to Adelphi International, or the relevant group company by the relevant student for the particular Adelphi International. Such companies and persons will in no circumstances have any liability for indirect or consequential losses or damages. Any dispute, claim or other matter arising will be subject to the jurisdiction and laws of New York State without regard to the choice of law rules. Any legal suit, action or proceeding seeking to enforce any provision of, or based on any right or issues arising out of or related to this Enrollment Contract, shall be brought exclusively in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. By signing these terms and conditions, the student consents to and accepts the jurisdictions of such courts for the purpose of any such action or proceeding and agree to waive any objection to venue being laid therein.
University Policies, Procedures and Requirements
- As a graduate student at Adelphi International you are also bound by the rules and regulations governing Adelphi University (“AU” or “University”), as those may be amended from time to time. These rules and regulations may be found at: https://operations.adelphi.edu/handbooks/
- In addition to this Enrollment Contract, as part of your conditional offer you have received other University information and documents that contain additional terms of your participation. Please familiarize yourself with all documentation provided to you by Adelphi University.
- In addition to the health insurance requirements listed in this Enrollment Contract, the terms of your health insurance must meet Adelphi University requirements. You are fully and solely responsible for the payment of any premiums or other costs associated with maintaining health insurance coverage, and Adelphi University is not responsible for payment of any funds related to your health insurance.
- Unless we inform you otherwise, your books and learning materials must be purchased through the University Bookstore.
- Academic or Conduct Rule and Policy Violations. You are required to adhere to AU’s Code of Conduct, which can be found at https://operations.adelphi.edu/files/2015/10/Code-of-Conduct.pdf. You may be suspended or expelled if you violate any of Adelphi University’s policies, rules, or regulations, which may result in the revocation of your immigration status. No refund will be given in cases of suspension or expulsion.
- Dismissal. If you are dismissed from Adelphi International or from the University for any reason you may not-reapply to Adelphi International the University, your current Adelphi International, or any other Adelphi International offered by Adelphi International.
- Force Majeure. Adelphi University is not liable in cases where Adelphi University is unable to fulfill any services because of fire, natural disaster, national emergency, act of government, acts of war or terrorism, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes or any other reasons which are beyond Adelphi University’s control.
- F-1 Status. In order to maintain proper F-1 visa status, you must comply with all applicable Federal regulations related to study in the U.S., including pursuit of a full course of study. Please review Adelphi University’s policies on student visa status and immigration. You will be in jeopardy of losing your immigration status if you fail to maintain the necessary academic standing. We will be required to report any violation by you of your F-1 status to the SEVIS database of the DHS. Your personally identifiable information, including course enrollment details and changes, and circumstances of any suspected breach by you of Adelphi University’s or Adelphi International’s policies may be shared with the DHS, Adelphi University and accrediting agencies, designated authorities, your parents, and Adelphi International staff and agents. If you intend to seek permanent resident status at any point during your anticipated tenure at Adelphi University, you must disclose such intent at the time of application. Please be aware that scheduling and class attendance conflicts that arise from pursuing immigration status changes will not be accommodated and may prevent you from continuing at [your studies. You may be dismissed if you seek or obtain a change in you permanent residency. No refunds will be given if you must withdraw due to your actual or anticipated change to permanent resident status.