Welcome to Adelphi International!
Congratulations and welcome to Amity University in partnership with Adelphi International and other learning centers! Soon you’ll be on the exciting Amity University campus, located in Oakdale, New York. Before you arrive, complete the steps below to avoid common issues and delays for international students.
If you have any questions, contact us and we’ll be happy to help!
We have a team of dedicated personal advisers whose job it is to make sure all your questions are answered and to ensure you have a smooth transition to the university. Contact your Amity representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 981.801.9149.
Your Pre-Arrival Checklist
After you receive your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Adviser.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth), and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your visa application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your personal Enrollment Adviser of the date and embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
When purchasing your ticket to New York City, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
Once you book your travel, visit aui.adelphi.edu/arrival/ to enter your travel itinerary and confirm your free airport pickup if required. Airport pick is available at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), Newark Liberty (EWR) and LaGuardia (LGA) airports. These important details will help the campus team prepare for your arrival and make your big day go as smoothly as possible.
For the latest application dates, please visit the important dates page.
Make your payment in full two weeks before you arrive to help avoid delays with enrollment.
Before you begin, please make sure you have your acceptance letter in front of you, as you will need to refer to the information in the letter.
Choose between two ways to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit Adelphi International’s Flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you can NOT use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
- Wire Transfer: Find the wire transfer information on your offer letter. When making the transaction, be sure to include the student’s name and birth date.
You will need to complete and submit the following forms before your arrival.
- Immunization Form: Complete this mandatory health and immunization form prior to your arrival, as required by law. Email your completed Immunization Form directly to: email@example.com, and bring all related documents to Orientation.
- Note: Students will also be required to check in with Adelphi Health Services upon arrival in order to ensure compliance with the university and Department of Health.